Friday, May 1, 2015



Thomas Lee
K. Anthony
English 101
February 24, 2015 

What I Believe
I believe in to pay it forward because paying it forward will make me feel better as a person when I am helping someone else like a child, elderlies, friends and family. Paying it forward will help other people realize that I care about helping others whenever I have a chance to. I recently went to Taco Bell and gone through the drive thru behind a small truck, after the guy in the truck ordered his food, I began to make my order. By the time I was done, I drove up to pay but I had to wait behind the truck for about five to ten minutes. After the guy had left, I drove up to go pay and what I did not realize is that once I got to the window, the lady at the window told me that the guy in front had bought my food for me. I was surprised at that moment that someone I don’t know had bought my food. After I received my order, the lady in the window was telling me if I wanted to pay for the car behind me, I thought about it but I went ahead and paid for it. This made feel good that I did something for another person I did not know and to let them think that this is a great thing to do as a person. This made me wonder that how many good people are still in the world that would pay it forward. Later on this made me think and understand that later down in the future I could help pay this forward and help an individual pass it on to another person so he could help others too. I believe in it more because I have a nephew named Konnur that is five years old and about a year ago, he and his mom went to the store to get a bike. By the time they were done, an elderly person came up to them and asked if he could pay for his bike. My nephew and his mom said no, you don’t have to, but the elderly insists on buying it. Finally my sister Laura and his son went ahead and let the nice elderly person to pay for it and thanked him. Later he told my sister that every month he would go to the store to find a kid and pay it forward. This made me feel that people should do this all the time and pay it forward for people who is in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment